Thursday, October 26, 2017

Hands-On Main Idea (Main Idea Manipulatives)


Have you ever wished there were manipulatives to teach reading concepts?  This is one of my best selling series.  It is hands-on main idea.  It provides ideas for teaching main idea in a concrete way to build comprehension. 

I have used this to introduce the concept of main idea with students at all ability levels.  My inspiration for developing this series was an autistic student with limited verbal skills that was in my class.

She struggled with reading initially, but it literally brought tears to my eyes when the concrete examples became so clear to my student and she began to understand main idea.  I found this series to be a great way to introduce main idea to all students because it is so concrete.  Several main idea centers and teaching ideas are included.Click Here To Access It

No comments:

Post a Comment